Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ready for school!

How does one get new clothes for the first day of school? In May (?) I ordered these outfits on line. Sent them to my mom. She mailed them to Dr Erin, who was in the states visiting her new nephew. She put them in her suitcase and brought them back to PNG. A little harder than a trip to the mall, but they loved the dresses. They are SPF 50...who knew!
Frequently, I find clothes at the second hand stores around PNG. Australia sends up huge bundles of clothes for PNGers to buy. Then the PNGers resell them. A dress would normally be a couple kina (60 cents). I can always find used things for Liv, but harder for the bigger girls. This queen sized quilt/duvet cover and 2 shams were only 50 Kina! ($20) that I found last month! Gotta love a bargain.
We got ourselves organized for the morning routines of back to school. Al has a list too. Em is doing school at home this year, but lists help her remember what is next.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: