Friday, August 28, 2009

Olivia the clown




Olivia, 4 years old, has a strong desire to be a clown when she grows up. She loves the the thought of throwing pies in people's faces.

We saw the clown clothes hanging outside on a barbed wire fence with other clothes for sale. I asked if she would like to have the clown suit, she said "not until I grow up!" But then changed her mind. It was 6 kina, or 2 dollars.

We brought it home and washed it, then from the dress up box came a clown wig and a Rudolph nose and of course face paint!

She is having lots of fun being a clown. It doesn't translate into PNG culture, as there are not any circus's around here or rodeos! But the patients at the hospital always love to see Livy, especially in a clown outfit!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dustin Harding said...

Does the clown side of her come from mom or dad. I have my suspicions but wanted to confirm. :)

Glenda said...

I have enjoyed "meeting" your family as I prepared our missions lesson for Sunday night at Friendship Church of the Nazarene! Then I found your blog and all the wonderful pics and stories! Thanks so much for allowing me to use some of them in my power point presentation about medical missions, specifically PNG. It was really difficult to choose just a few! Our people will love learning about you and will pray for you. I will share your blog address with them, as well as part of the tremendous article that Scott sent.

You have a beautiful family! May God continue to bless and use you!