Tuesday, August 24, 2010

School, first day

 

In our little world of PNG, we have volunteer teachers who  pay their own way to PNG to teach our missionary kids.  Grades 1-8 are at the elementary with Diane.  We are fortunate to have returning teachers this year, and that is a blessing. 

Our high school is independent study with a teacher to help answer questions and record grades, give tests and keep the kids out of trouble.  :) Rachel is teaching the high school.

IMG_2699 IMG_2700 IMG_2708

Diane is still in the states on furlough, she will get back at the end of Sept.  Al needed to get started on school, so Rachel is teaching the 7th graders until Diane gets back.

I am home schooling Em for 4th grade and Liv for K.  It is a different schedule for me and I don’t plan to go and help at the hospital for awhile to focus on teaching my young ones! 

 I am not a teacher, but I do enjoy the time with my girls. 

2 comments:

Glenda said...

You will enjoy teaching your little girls and lots of memories will be made! I wasn't aware that volunteer teachers come to your area to teach missionary kids; I think that's so neat - and must be so rewarding! Have a great school year! I taught my own sons, but in the public school setting. They claimed I was harder on them than anyone else! Imagine that!!

Alison Weinstock said...

Welcome back to school, girls! Wish I was there teaching you again!
~Aunt Alison