Thursday, March 12, 2009

How to cut the cheese...

First you buy the only Mozzarella that you can find in town. 22 lbs! For 275 Kina!
Next, you cut the whole thing in half and share half with a friend.
Then cut it into manageable pieces. Wait 3 days. Try to grate it with the food processor, which proceeds to not work, give up freeze it all in little Ziplocs.
Take out of the freezer and grate as needed. Enjoy! I'll let you know how long 5 pounds of cheese lasts a family of five.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ben Kumor said...

I know I'm stating the obvious, but that is a LOT of cheese!! I don't think I could even get that at Sam's Club :)

Heather said...

How does kina translate to dollars?

dooleysinpng said...

$100! So, $4.50 per pound!

Sometimes they have a small bag of 500gm that is already shredded for 15-20 kina. $5-7.

We use it sparingly!