Sunday, March 1, 2009

Busy surgery week!

It has been a busy, but kinda normal week at surgery week. 17 year old with necrotic bowel...
God truly saved this boy's life with the surgery, even as he got shocky with surgery and we prayed...God was with us all.
This 16 year old boy had a horrible osteosarcoma, the rest of his body was wasting away. We amputated the leg and will keep praying for his recovery.
This gentleman had a pretty bad day before he came into our ER. I don't know what the fight was about, but his cousin was not playing around with the bush knife. Amazingly, he was alert and had all functions that we could assess after these chops!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Yikes! That's all I can say!

afreakforjc said...

Dude...that is one horrific osteosarc.

How does Jim do his bowel resection? Does he have bowel staplers, or does he do a hand sewn anastomosis?

dooleysinpng said...

We have bowel staplers, but he did a hand anastomosis. I am not sure why, and it was a bit of a stressful case, so I didn't ask. Well, I didn't ask twice. I have seen him to both kinds.
We have a 2nd year surgical resident here for 4 weeks, he's a nice addition to our team.