Friday, April 10, 2009

Sharing at the Bible College

Well, our camera is officially not working now. We are a couple plane rides or a couple months from a replacement...so I will have to resort to typing blogs instead of just putting up pictures.

11:00am- Scott and I arrive at the bible college, about a 20 minute drive from the hospital where we live. We shake hands and get set up.

11:45 am- Scott presents a very good, informative power point presentation of HIV, what it is and what the church's response should be.

12:40 pm- Gail and over 100 ladies go to the library for "straight talk". The library has an open area with about 8 tables and some benches, but most people were sitting on the floor.

Our PNG ladies had lots of questions about HIV, different ways that they had heard a person can get it. There was a lot of good dialog happening.

Most PNG people have heard the ABC's of HIV. Presented from many different sources (Abstain, Be faithful, Condom). But rarely have they talked about how to be faithful, how to keep your marriage strong and your husband happy. I was blushing through most of the presentation as I talked about "delicate" personal issues, but feel that it was needed.

My audience was from newborn, to lots of suckling toddlers, to young single teens, to young mamas to older single women, to older married ladies. Quite a broad group of people, I pray that most of them went home with knowing more about strong, healthy marriages.

It was good to share and I am feeling the need to talk with our College of nursing student females about purity and how to stay pure. I am praying for the right opportunity.

1 comment:

Pattie said...

Good for you. I am glad that the 2 of you shared.
Sorry, I didn't get to read this one sooner.