Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jesus is our Warrior!


I get to teach the 4th-9th grader missionary kids Religious Instruction.
It is a great time with fun kids!
This week for our exciting time together we had a Military Theme.



We started off with enhancing our navigational skills with flights of paper airplanes.
Then we worked on our physical fitness with running, jumping jacks, and then push ups. The push ups were jazzed up by a bowl of whipped topping and skittles under the cadet's faces. Good job Eth!
We practiced bandaging and controlling the bleeding from our ketchup wounds.
The boys excelled at learning to scarf down pork and beans as fast as possible. Actually, I think that they had already mastered this skill prior to coming to my house.

I think the emergency medivac rescues was the greatest fun of the day.

What I wanted the kids to learn and even to remind myself is, that God is our loving, kind, ever forgiving Father. But at the same time, He is a mighty warrior- ready to help us through every battle, trouble and hard time. If only we ask.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Andy and Judy said...

Great devotion!

Hope the kids didn't drop their 'patient'!

Love,
Judy

Alison Weinstock said...

Gail,
What a clever lesson! I might have to borrow your idea sometime- sounds like heaps of fun and one that will remain their memory for a while! Have a super week!
~Alison