Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cooking with first graders


Last year, Emma was a first grader and I was able to do some cooking/math classes with her and her classmate. I decided that I would like to do this again this year with the 3 first graders. We had our first class yesterday and it was SO fun! One of the first graders was sick, so we missed her, but what a great time.
We went over rules of the kitchen, read the recipe, the kids did all the measuring, mixing, and adding. Then as an extra math bonus, we went up to the high school and elementary and sold the cookies. I went first and gave the kids various amounts of money and the first graders gave change.
Doesn't looking at the pictures just make you smile?

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Adorable. Love the colorful chef's hats!

Also the quilts - I love to think about some of our fabrics that we sent in those quilts of yours.