Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Doughnuts for breakfast!

.
Okay, so this might not be such a big deal for the rest of the world, but it is a big thing in the Dooley house. Emma's favorite food is doughnuts (specifically Krispi Kremes) Since we are at least several thousand miles and dollars away from a doughnut store, we made some at home.
I mixed up the batter the night before. This recipe had me roll out and cut out the doughnuts, so I did that first thing Sat morning. Then Scott fried them. (I have stayed away from frying foods since a grease fire in the mid 90's)

The doughnuts were yummy! I liked them best plain, even though we had sweet cream, powdered sugar and icing for them.


I doubt we do doughnuts again any time soon, but it was a great breakfast, blog worthy since it only happens once in a blue moon.

1 comment:

Alison Weinstock said...

Sounds yummy! I'd love to see the pics. . .could you send them again?
~Alison