Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday morning....

I know it is still Sunday night in the states, but in PNG, it is 10am, and it has already been a crazy morning.
6:30 AWAKE
7-7:30 BREAKFAST, EMAIL, INTERNET, COFFEE
7:30 SCOTT TO HOSP
7:45 GIRLS TO SCHOOL
8:00 LIVY AND MAMA DRESSED
8AM NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS START COMING BY
8-8:30 START LAUNDRY
MAKE BEDS
START BISCUITS
FEED COCKY
PICK UP LIVING ROOM
SET OUT CHICKEN TO THAW
PLAN SUPPER FOR TOMORROW (COMPANY COMING)
SWEEP PORCH
FEED NEIGHBOR'S CAT
IMAGINARY PLAY WITH OLIVIA INVOLVING FLOWERS AND A MUD PUDDLE
PICK BERRIES
CHARGE A CELL PHONE FOR A FRIEND
(many PNGers have a cell phone but no electricity at their house)
LET COCKY OUT FOR AWHILE
HELP OLIVIA IN BATHROOM
GO OUTSIDE
FREEZE WITH DREAD!



This cute, harmless looking bird just cut through my friend's cell phone charger cord with his beak!
My heart dropped, I just stood there!
Scott will be home at lunch and will help me know if there is anything to be done about the cord. Of course it is different than most cell phones cords, so we can't just give the friend ours.

I now have a cockatoo for sale! Any buyers? He's going cheap!

No comments: