Monday, February 9, 2009

New duds for the house.

We were furnished with very nice furniture when we moved to PNG.
The first year, my bible study friends mailed me some material and I made some pillows and made the house more "us".


On Scott and I's trip to Singapore, I experienced Ikea for the first time. On our second trip, I picked out 8 pillows and curtains for our home! 4 of the pillows, I recovered with extra fabric from the curtains and also made a valance. When mom and dad come in March, they are bringing actual tie backs for the curtains.

Upon returning to PNG with my new stuff, I had to get new curtain rods, holders, and end caps. I got all of these items in one day of town shopping. I bought each thing at a different store and went to 9 different shops trying to find the stuff. But the task was accomplished, without a Lowes or Home Depo! And I am so thankful for my new pretty touches in our house.
Did you think we lived in a hut?

1 comment:

dooleysinpng said...

I should clarify that we while we do have a tv, we do not have any channels. We watch dvds or tapes. The tv has been on a lot more lately with all of the sick kids and need for vegging.