Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Singapore Food!

Upon our early arrival to Singapore, we toured the city, eating and shopping. It was amazing! What does a missionary crave who has not been out of the world of resturants for 9 months, let me tell you....a Whopper (from the airport! at 9pm at night!)
Sushi, made by someone else. Scott does a great job with making sushi, but it is quite labor-intensive. So, it was nice and cheap at Singapore.
We had ice cream 3 different times. My favorite was strawberry cheese cake from Baskins Robbins. Or what it the strawberry sorbet with my team?
A trip to a first world country would not be complete without a Big Mac. I was in line at McDonald's, to get a kids meal with apple dippers, but then a large coke was calling out to me! Just so you know in Singapore, there is not an option of super sizing, and all of the people are tiny. Shopping was not as productive as eating. I bought men's shorts because the large in women's was too small! How is that for humbling?

The city is beautiful and we had a great time getting around Singapore. The island is only 18 miles by 28 miles and I am pretty sure that we walked at least 18 miles every day for 3 days! So, we are thankful that we didn't gain weight with all of the eating as it was counteracted by the walking!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: