Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lunch while working

As I was walking back to surgery, after going to the little store for my lunch, I remembered the wonderful lunches I had while working at Cox Hosp. in Springfield.  There was a little deli next to L&D, Thursdays was chicken salad with grapes and pecans on croissants, with baked Lay chips and a diet DP with one refill.

IMG_2271

Lunch in PNG, I choose Coke Zero (where there is no Dr Pepper, let alone diet!) Tiny teddies, a lot like Teddy Grahams, and a kaukau (sweet potato) which is served wrapped in old newspaper.  Other choices were a hard boiled egg, flour ball, cream bun, or coconut scone.

It’s not chicken salad, but better than walking 1/2 mile to go home and back!

1 comment:

Banks Off Shore said...

They still have the chicken salad, and it is still delicious! Kaukau sounds like fun though. Praying for you in Springfield!