Monday, October 12, 2009

Wiley's picnic lunch

Wiley was turning 2. I had just made a tea set for new friends and then decided to try making some play food for a little boy!
Ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato sandwich anyone?
Fried eggs and bacon were my first attempt.
What fun! Lots of web sites show felt food, which I believe would be easier to work with. I used cotton material, because that is what I had. I had to worry about the raw edges, where you wouldn't with felt, but I love the patterns the material adds.

The "table cloth" is a folded sheet to coffee table size. I used "boy" fabrics for plate and cup markers and napkins. The fabrics are fish, planets, tropical frogs/geckos and marbles. The napkin are not sewn down, so Wiley gets some fun matching and with shapes of circle, square and triangle.

If you squint at the picture, you can see 2 pancakes with maple syrup and butter, spaghetti and meatballs, oranges, pizza, watermelon, cookies, strawberries, french fries, a cupcake and a tortilla.

I can't wait to make more! Watch out nephews!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alison Weinstock said...

Gail- I am so impressed! It makes me want to play with my food- I love it! Looking forward to seeing you all in just a couple months!
~Alison

ps- we had a chance of snow this weekedn in Olathe, crazy huh?