Friday, May 23, 2008

Allie is 10 1/2.

 
I went to Madang May 16-20th- great time, details later, and when I came back, something strange has happened in the Dooley household!
Typically, mornings were me telling Allison four or five times to brush her hair before school. She has always wanted short hair, so she doesn't have to brush it too much. Now, after being gone four days, she gets up and fixes it all on her own accord! She has figured out how to put barettes in and she styles it all with out direction. What has happened to my little girl? I know that growing up happens much faster to kids in the states, but kids stay kids much longer in PNG! Just another step in our stairway of life. She is a great girl and I am proud to be her ma.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

JenLo said...

Caroline is also 10-1/2. It is SO nice when they can finally brush their own "mops" !! ;)

Anonymous said...

What pretty green eyes, Allie! (And pretty hair, too.) I wanted to comment on the post yesterday also, but had a bad connection ... anyway, upsetting to hear!! Not what we want to come home to...we will see you next week. - Jill

Alison Weinstock said...

I miss you Allie! Love the hair!
~Aunt Alison

Anonymous said...

UGH! Are we that old?! She's so beautiful!