Friday, April 25, 2008

Give us each day our daily bread

2 days after arriving in PNG, there was a giant landslide, which covered over 1 km of our Highlands Highway. This highway is the only route in and out of the Highlands, where over 1 million people live. We use the road for getting food from the coast, and imports. For getting Oxygen, Medicine, Disele, for transporting out all of the food grown in the Highlands, the coffee that is ripe now, and just tons of every day uses. A person can walk across the land slide, but must pay each person who claims that this is "their" part of land. The land slide is still shifting, so no work is happening on fixing the land slide at this time.

 

During all of this, which could be stressful, I am so blessed by a peace that God is in control, worrying will not help one bit and that God will give us our daily bread-even if that is the form of kaukau, which is the staple here.
 

This is Olivia and I making our weekly bread on Monday, I think she is helping herself to the dough. I am thankful that I serve the God that will take care of me, my family and all of our needs, all of the national's needs, all of the sick people in the hospital.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: