Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another day in Paradise!

 
I bought this bag a couple years ago for Scott, just to remind him and myself that when we are serving God it is "another day in paradise".
 
 
As we are surrounded by violence daily, it is hard to always see the paradise. Thursday, this lady came to the ER with nearly fatal wounds, I don't know how she was alive and talking. Polygamy is present in PNG and this is a case of the first wife chopping the second wife. The patient had a very deep cut to the side of her neck, also 2 cuts to her shoulder and one to her back. Dr Salim sewed up the deeper areas then Jenny and I stapled the rest together. As we were helping this lady, I was wondering what her future would be...going back to her husband?...going back to her family?(her family who had forced her to become this man's second wife). I had a hard time picturing anything pleasant for her life, and certainly not paradise.

It has been a tough week emotionally for me. Not questioning why we are here, but questioning if we are making any difference. What I cling to in these emotional times is that I am in the center of God's will for me and that alone makes it "another day in paradise".

Hope you are living in paradise today.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Scott and Gail,

Hello, my name is Marci and I work with your Mom, Eileen. I cannot imagine all that you see and feel as you minister to the people in PNG, however, I do believe that you are in the center of God’s will. I am thankful for all that you do; and will be supporting you in prayer. I have been reading missionary biographies for the last year and the one thing that I have come away with is that the Lord consistently and timely meets their needs, emotionally, physically and spiritually.

I am praying for you this day.

Your Sister in Christ,
Marci

Alison Weinstock said...

Thank you for sharing your heart Gail. In between the lines of your e-mail I read , "TRUST". Your trust n the Father goes deep. Keep trusting in the God who redeemed you and called you to play a marvelous role in His redeeming work for the highlanders in PNG. Love ya,
Alison

Jeano said...

Dear Scott and Gail,
I am so sad to hear of this poor woman and will be praying for her. You are in such a place of usefulness. I will be praying for you, too.
Jean

Natalievdh said...

Hi Gail,

I met you a couple of months ago at the guest house in Ukarumpa just briefly (on your way to Madang...we were staying there with our parents - we have 3 daughters)...somehow the other day I just happened upon your blog, and I couldn't believe it when I recognised your faces and realised who it was...and now I have added your blog to my list of favourites.