Friday, July 18, 2008

Baby of Cathy

 
 
This looks like a beautiful, ordinary baby from PNG. However, you are looking at a miracle of God! Baby of Cathy was born at home and brought in to the hospital with minimal breathing and very low heart rate. I was up at the hospital and wanted to talk to Scott about something and found Scott in the nursery (closet sized room) with 4 nursing students and a PNG nurse doing CPR on this baby. It was so sad to see a full term baby dead, but the thought crossed through my mind that this is a good learning experience for the nursing students to practice their CPR skill. I was so sad as I walked away, knowing that the baby would not live his life here on earth. I did say to God, "I know that if you choose, You can breathe life into that baby", but thought no more of it. Scott later told me the baby was still alive! We are still praying for full recovery and no side effects from the time without oxygen.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: